A quick and simple vegeterian frankie recipe perfect for an evening snack.
4 chapatis half cooked, dough of wheat and refined flour
2 teaspoons oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 medium capsicum, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, grated
2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
3 teaspoons tomato ketchup
4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 teaspoons frankie masala
2 tablespoons green chutney
1-2 green chillies, chopped
Butter paper for rolling
1. Heat a deep non-stick pan, add oil, cumin seeds, sauté till fragrant. Add ginger and1 medium onion finely chopped. Sauté for a moment till onions turn red. Add tomato, finely chopped. Sauté till tomatoes turn pulpy. Add salt, garam masala, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
2. Add capsicum, carrot, mashed potatoes and mix well. Check seasoning and sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add 2 teaspoons tomato ketchup. Switch off heat. Transfer mixture in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander.
4. Add lemon juice in mixture.
5. Heat 4 rotis in a non-stick tawa till golden brown specs appear on both sides. Set aside.
6. Transfer roti in a plate, add stuffing, in centre, ½ chopped onions, mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon Frankie masala, 1 tablespoon chopped coriander, 1 tablespoon green chutney. Spread completely and roll into a Frankie.
7. Make another Frankie by applying remaining ketchup, remaining chutney. Spread and add mixture, remaining chopped onions, remaining Frankie masala, remaining chopped coriander, chopped green chillies, roll tightly into a Frankie. Roll Frankie with butter paper.
8. Transfer Frankie in serving plate.
9. Serve immediately.
Get inspired on Pinterest: