Deep fried mushroom vegetable balls tossed in marinara sauce and served.
1½ cups finely chopped button mushrooms
½ cup grated cauliflower
½ cup grated broccoli
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1½ tablespoons finely chopped garlic
1 cup oats
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ cup cornflour
Dried breadcrumbs for coating
Oil for deep-frying
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup marinara sauce
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley + for garnishing
Carrot strips for garnishing
1. Mix together cauliflower, broccoli, cheese, mushroom, onion, 1 tablespoon garlic, oats, salt, crushed peppercorns, green chillies, oregano and thyme in a bowl. Add cornflour and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape into balls. Coat with breadcrumbs.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep-fry mushroom-vegetable balls till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
4. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add marinara sauce, remaining garlic, mix well and cook till the oil separates.
5. Add parsley, salt, crushed peppercorns and mix well. Add mushroom-vegetable balls and coat well.
6. Garnish with parsley and carrot strips and serve immediately.
Get inspired on Pinterest: